INTERLUDE: Innocent Brotherhood, by Revan-sama

Original story here

Author: Revan-sama.

Game: Dragon age origins.

Character: Ryan cousland, Kyle Mallory.

Summary: In the wrong time and at the strangest place, you can realize something very precious to your heart...like Familly isn't something  just related by blood.

Disclaimer: I don't own Ryan and Kyle, all from doctorwho173.


INNOCENT BROTHERHOOD

Night spreads across the sky, awakening the stars and moon from their slumber to begin the parade of luminescence in the shrouding darkness.

Glimmering shimmers of their merrymaking cascade down to embrace the Night-Walkers, as the worst type of scum traverses the dangerous  ensnare of the ebony camouflage littered with the fearsome sadism of living beings.

Nobles, scarier than the beasts of the black abyss, control society through the talents of their skills. Diplomatic and wealth, largely specify numerous  aspects of their abilities and possibilities.

Those were Kyle Mallory's first impression as a child.

Nobles...Couldn't be trusted. They look down at you like you were a piece of dirt. They think they can have anything as long as they have money for it. If they're nice with you it's only because they want something.

Maybe being a thief or a beggar was not a pretty life but that doesn't meant that he should tolerate those arrogant rich bastards.  True enough, it wasn't always easy to live in the lowtown of highever. There wasn't always good people or just innocent children who steal for food.

There was also criminals and murderers. Some of them were even plotting to infiltrate the nobility.

Kyle only wanted to teach them a lesson. Those guys took the money of an old lady he knew for 'their protection'.

He never thought they were more than just normal criminals.

"Don't concern yourself with people's affairs brat." They said to him and then...nothing.

He doesn't remember how he ended  under a fallen house.

All he could remember was the frustration...the anger of being weak. Of not being able to protect those important to him.

Strange faces, soldier looking for survivors and...

...?

A young yet older man, was looking at him for a while. A slightly older guy with short black hair and he could hear a small part of his conversation with the soldier :

"What will become of him?" asked the young man.

"I don't know my lord, I didn't saw his par..." My lord....A noble...If he wanted to make Kyle his servant he could already die in the bushes.

Yet, even with such thought, Kyle saw that the face of the black haired noble wasn't one of pity. It was... sad.

Could it even be possible?

He couldn't think right, his head hurt, his stomach hurt and most of all....his chest hurt.

He slowly began to regain conscious, he wasn't on the floor anymore. He was...

On the noble's back.

If he was not so tired Kyle would have protested.

I don't need your help, I don't want your pity and I don't want to rely on you.

Those were Kyle's thoughts. And yet...he felt at peace and warm...It was like having a father or a big brother.

He always saw children around his age with parents...Do they feel that way too ?

Kyle felt ashamed, was he betraying everyone in lowtown by feeling this way?

--Later--

The room was not that big. In Kyle's imagination it would be more...well...rich.

On the contrary, it was very modest.

"Oh? You're awake?" asked the noble while entering the room.

"..." Kyle stared at him  without saying anything. He didn't want to become friendly with him.

What could he possibly want?

"My name is Ryan. And you?" he asked with a smile.

"..." and again silence.

"You don't have a name?"

"...I do..."

"Oh...then what is it?"

Guess what? More silence.

"..."

Ryan didn't seemed annoyed or angry. It was more like he was trying to figure a way to speak with Kyle.

After a few minutes of silence Kyle asked :

"Why did you bring me here?"

The tone of his voice surprised Ryan.

"What do you want from me?" Kyle asked again

"Well I wanted to help you and..."

"That's a lie." Kyle wasn't staring at Ryan anymore. Rather, he was looking at the floor.

"Then why me? There is plenty of starving children who want to be saved. Why don't you save them too? "

"..."

As excepted, he didn't answer, That's why those nobles are all...

"You're right on that part."

?

Kyle stared back at Ryan who was smiling sadly.

"However I can't save everyone as much as I want. That why I wanted at least save you with my own strength and not because I'm a noble. "

Kyle's eyes widen slowly.

"Does...Does it bother you that I'm part of nobility?"

"...No."

Ryan laughed out loud and picked Kyle's cheeks to force him to smile.

"You're a very bad liar."

Kyle mumbled something that could be translated as:

"...You have two second to let go of my cheeks."

And Ryan was laughing out loud again.

Their relationship, their interference, isn't something anyone thought could happen. Furthermore, some memories and specific emotions cannot be forgotten no matter what strife has to endure.

"I'll tell my parents that you'll be staying until you recover okay?"

"..."

"Are you still mad?" asked Ryan with a small grin.

"...No" Obviously yes.

But before Ryan could exit the room, he was stopped by a small hand grabbing his clothes.

"..."

"Yeah? what is it?"

"Kyle..."

"?"

"That's my name."

"Ooooh...And here I was going to gave you a nickname..."

"...Please don't..."

(Before I began to notice, your gentleness has protected me during my dark times.)

END 


 

for long time not sketch comics (and for many pages comics i not done from 2011 May )

Ah yes Kyle founded by Ryan under a fallen house. But that’s not really an accident.

Ryan has doubt behind this accident. That will connect with story of warden.

random ideas appear in my head. I want to go sketches with past and some events have a connection with Cousland story :icontrollfaceplz:

And this explain about my W.I.P childhood Kyle battle beside Ryan XD (tumblr everyone?!! :XD: )

“Don’t concern yourself with other people’s affairs” those criminals said to Kyle.

Sorry for crappy sketch everyone =___=