A birthday party



The time spent in the Deep Roads has been difficult to calculate, but somehow and as we expected, when we finally see the daylight again we realize we have skipped Kyle’s birthday. Kyle says it doesn’t matter, that nobody cares after all… but I know he’s lying-
“I will organize a party for you”, I say, sticking my tongue at him. We’re back in Highever, and I’m sure Ryan will be delighted with the idea.  A pity Lirya isn’t around to celebrate it though… I feel sad for a moment. A year ago she was still at those creepy Inquisitor’s dungeons, and today she’s gone on her own to seek revenge on that Orlesian woman. I sigh.
He stares at me. “No working night youuu”, he pouts. He feels tired. And who hasn’t? Damn deep roads, how manage those dwarves to live underground?
"Take a day off" I tease him, because I didn’t mean what he thinks I mean, but I think it is funny to follow the joke. "I will buy special lingerie"
"You want to drain me?" Kyle stares with doubt.
I put an innocent look. "Ooh, am I? You need a rest?"
"I do need a rest!" he sigh, agreeing,
I lean down and lick his nose. "All right. I'll let you rest. No sex for you tonight", and I move back to get out of the room, bouncing my hips. I know it always has an effect on him.
"Where do you go?", he asks confused.
"Oh? To sleep in the guest room, so you can rest” I reply with a smirk.
"What? No. You sleep here. Don’t go", he demands. His authoritarian tone makes me melt, but I try to resist. I stop and turn slowly towards him.
"Oh, you sure?"
"Just SLEEP. Cuddle", he commands.
"All right, it works for me". I can’t help but smile. Months ago, a year ago, I had to fight to be able to just SLEEP by his side, unable to face my demons. Now the demons are gone… at a high price I sadly remember, but now it is him who wouldn’t let me go. I feel warmth in my heart.
I walk slowly to his side and lean my head in his chest, purring. He rubs his chin over my head, takes one lock of my hair, and sniffs it. I snuggle in his arms.
"So let's go to bed?"
He makes a pout, but it’s a trick.
"Yes!" and tickles my armpit.
I laugh "Hey!" and go to tickle his waist too. "You're a cheater!".
"Not like you" he says, taking me and spinning me in the air. It makes me laugh like a child.
"I'm not cheating!! I was cuddling!", I protest between laughs. "You said cuddling was allowed!".
He brings me to the bed, laughing too, and embraces me in cuddling mode. I wonder if he will resist my proximity, smelling my scent and feeling my skin… because I’m starting to feel turned on by his. But it is true we need a rest, I say to myself, and I decide to enjoy the feeling, relaxing and expecting to get asleep in his arms. He glances at me from time to time, as if he expected me to harass him, but I respect his need to rest , as he always respects my needs.
I look at his smirk, amused, but behave meek as a sheep. He snuggles me like a puppy, and again, he makes me laugh of pure bliss. I can’t resist, and sink my head in his neckline and kiss his neck softly.
He runs his fingers through my hair softly, with that adoration look he never loses… I look at him dreamily, and suddenly I feel a pull when he gets stuck.
"Ouch!" I complain.
"Sorry!", he says concerned, untangling his fingers very smoothly not to hurt me. I hold my hair from the root to help him, and when he finishes, I rub my scalp where I feel the itch.
"Aww, it’s nothing. But be more careful next time", I say with a smile. He leans to kiss the tip of my nose and smiles too. "It's okey", I reassure him, kissing his nose too.
"I want to feel the love!", he says, gaze into my eyes, hands in my butt and my nape.
I stroke his cheek, thinking that that hand in my butt uncovers him. "Hey, what happened with that "I need to rest tonight" thing?".
"No! I mean... not about sex!", he protests, confused.
I rub my nose against his and purr softly. "All right. I think it was your hand in my butt which misled me"
His hand quickly leaves my butt, disappointing me.
"Well my bad, dear!", he says.
I take his hand and put it back in place. "Don't worry. I like it there".
He strokes my cheek from time to time , following my jawline and my nose with his fingers. I can’t help leaving a moan out, and I stroke his arms at the same time, following the line of his biceps. He makes a grimace, and I suddenly realize such a simple caress is turning him on, so I stop it quickly.
"Okay, sorry", I mumble, putting my hands on my back with a smile. He bites his lips. "Seems like cuddle is enough to turn us on??” he says concerned. Sure. His single touch makes my skin ache and long for more, even when he only strokes my face. I rub my face against his.
"Because you're so intoxicating", I reply with a smile. He blushes more, so I just put my head under his chin and snuggle against him. "Let's stay like this".
"I see! Good night dear, in case you feel tired and get asleep before I can say the wish". He drops a kiss on the top of my head and cuddles me as he used to do many time
"The wish?" I ask, purring. "Which wish?"
"That you have sweet dreams", he whispers in my ear.
I smile tender, and kiss his shoulder softly. "Sweet dreams to you too, my love".
"Dream without fear, love, without limit… I wish I were good enough for you", he says almost to himself.
"You're more than I deserve" I try to reassure him, but I’m so sleepy now I wonder if he heard me.
My last thoughts before meeting him in my dreams wonder again why he is still afraid  not to be good enough for me. If he knew all the good things he did for me… how I feel alive by his side…
If he only knew…